We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers.
NodeJS is a key part of our development plan, and this role will involve working on deep technical problems with vast amount of data and complex serverless systems (lambda, fargate), bridging our core backend and react front-end development.
You are a proactive communicator who is happy working remotely full-time as part of a close-knit development team. You’ll be comfortable working across the software stack and particularly enjoy contributing to performant, serverless architectures. You will also be open to working with a variety of other technologies to support the team’s objectives.
You are a pragmatic developer who is comfortable working with light processes established by developers. We believe you will enjoy working with us because we spend as much of our time as possible doing what we love – developing awesome software. Collaboration is key to the success of our small team, and our developers are encouraged and empowered to stay at the bleeding-edge of the technologies they love and bring ideas to the team.
- Contribute to performant, highly available, scalable, asynchronous matched betting software
- Develop our next generation of Applications and Services
- Share knowledge proactively and participate in code reviews and demos
Experience / Skills
- At least 3 years' development experience
- Experience building Web Applications & Services
- The ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Mongo (or another NoSQL DB)
- An eye for detail and commitment to quality
- A fundamental desire to produce code of the highest standard
- Determination to help the business succeed, willing to put in extra hours when required
- An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- Comfortable working with APIs and real-time data
- API Gateway
- CI / CD
- Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- Experience working in a team using source control including pull requests with GIT
What We Can Offer
- Salary between £28k and £35k DOE
- Fully remote working (we were working remotely before the pandemic and we will continue to do so long after)
- Greenfield projects – we really are rebuilding our software from the ground up!
- Full cover private healthcare for all members of the team, including free virtual private GP appointments, full cancer cover, full mental health and physical therapy cover, 24/7 access to nurses and counsellors via phone, option to attend in-person private GP appointments with referral to private hospitals, and more.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected].