We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers.
We are looking for an experienced Django developer who can quickly come to terms with our existing Django project(s) and help us build upon them. In addition to Django development there will be a web-scraping component to this role.
You are an experienced Python Developer, skilled in Django with knowledge of web scraping.
You are a proactive communicator who is happy working from home full-time as part of a close-knit development team. You’ll be comfortable working across the software stack and particularly enjoy doing things the right way. You will also be open to working with a variety of other technologies to support the team’s objectives.
You are a pragmatic developer who is comfortable working with light processes, established by developers, and you will enjoy working with us because we spend as much of our time as possible doing what we love – developing awesome software. You’ll be working with other like-minded developers to contribute to the success of critical applications and services. Collaboration is key to the success of our small team, and our developers are encouraged and empowered to stay at the bleeding-edge of the technologies they love and bring ideas to the team.
- Django development
- Shared ownership of the development of our Python applications and services from inception to delivery
- Write performant, reliable scrapers and intelligent software to support them
- Share knowledge proactively and participate in code reviews and demos
- Provide support cover, one weekend each month
Experience / Skills
- 3 years' Python development experience
- 1 year's experience building Web applications using Django
- Experience of data mining (using requests, websocket-client, selenium etc)
- Parse JSON, XML, HTML, as well as non standard data formats.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a team using source control including pull requests with GIT
- Use of Web Debugging software such as Fiddler, or Browser based tools/addons
- An passion for solving and simplifying complex problems
- A fundamental desire to produce code of the highest standard
- Determination to help the business succeed, willing to put in extra hours when required
- An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- PayPal integration
- API Gateway
- CI / CD
- Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- Docker / Kubernetes or similar
- Experience working with simple HTTP server (Python package) and Flask
What We Can Offer
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Full remote working. All of our staff are 100% remote. Less time spent commuting means more free time for you.
- Free training and development courses
- Pension Contributions - We match your contributions up to 10% (5% employer and 5% employee)
- An opportunity to join our growing Python function in a varied role involving full stack web development and developing integrations
- Full cover private healthcare for all members of the team, including free virtual private GP appointments, full cancer cover, full mental health and physical therapy cover, 24/7 access to nurses and counsellors via phone, option to attend in-person private GP appointments with referral to private hospitals, and more.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected].