We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers.
We are developing a new generation of tools and services for our users, and we’re excited to be hiring an QA Test Engineer, as we embrace the latest technologies and practices to provide the best possible matched betting experience.
You will be expected to be able to familiarise yourself with the applications we use, utilising a fine attention to detail and good Logical, Analytical and Numerical skills, to ensure quality in the applications developed by PA.
Your established skills in the core disciplines of Quality Assurance, will make it easy for you to maintain and produce Test Cases, complete Manual testing on complex odds-based applications, analyse and validate complex sets of data, with results well documented, and have a good knowledge of Web Testing, API Testing, UI/UX Testing, and Regression Testing.
Collaboration is key to our success, with daily scums and informal huddles being at the core of how we communicate, so you must be a proactive communicator who is comfortable working from home full-time in a close-knit development environment, both in self-guided efforts and with guidance always available from Senior members.
As part of our growing QA Team, you will also be encouraged to learn and expand into more technical fields such as Automation, Security, Load or Performance testing, and members of our Tech team are always encouraged and empowered to discover new technologies and bring ideas to the team.
- Maintaining and improving test cases for core web applications
- Executing test scripts, both manual and automated.
- Working closely with developers to reproduce, locate, and identify bugs
- Web application Testing, Rest API Testing, UI/UX Testing, Functional Testing.
- Occasional attendance of design and development meetings, to provide input on software design and potential issues.
Experience / Skills
- At least 4 years in software testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate as a team member to co-ordinate testing, discuss test results and develop solutions to issues identified
- A methodical approach to investigation and problem solving with an eye for detail
- An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- Experience executing functional testing on complex web applications
- Experience with at least one flavour of SQL
- ISTQB Certified
- Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- Experience using source control including pull requests with GIT
- AWS / Azure
- CI / CD
- Some work experience with a modern programming language, such as Python, C#, JS or Java
- Experience with either: Selenium, React, NUnit, or Mongo
What We Can Offer
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Full remote working. All of our staff are 100% remote. Less time spent commuting means more free time for you.
- Engaging work environment, with an active and friendly team.
- Free training and development courses
- Experience in Web Testing, UI/UX Testing, Back-end Testing, DB Testing, Security Testing, Performance Testing, you’re free to specialise in whichever disciplines you desire the most!
- Pension Contributions - We match your contributions up to 10% (5% employer and 5% employee)
- An opportunity to join our growing Python function in a varied role involving full stack web development and developing integrations
- Full cover private healthcare for all members of the team, including free virtual private GP appointments, full cancer cover, full mental health and physical therapy cover, 24/7 access to nurses and counsellors via phone, option to attend in-person private GP appointments with referral to private hospitals, and more.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] .