We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers.
We are working on a complete overhaul of our software with no areas left untouched, and our technical team has grown from ~5 to more than 12 over the past year, with further growth planned.
We are looking for a Senior Developer who will contribute to the development of our next generation of software components and services by developing elegant solutions.
You are a proactive communicator who is happy working from home full-time as part of a close-knit development team. You’ll be comfortable working across the software stack and particularly enjoy contributing to performant, cloud based architectures supported by strong DevOps. You will also be open to working with a variety of other technologies to support the team’s objectives.
You are a pragmatic developer who is comfortable working with light processes, established by developers, and you will enjoy working with us because we spend as much of our time as possible doing what we love – developing awesome software. You’ll be working with other like-minded developers to contribute to the success of critical applications and services. Collaboration is key to the success of our small team, and our developers are encouraged and empowered to stay at the bleeding-edge of the technologies they love and bring ideas to the team.
- Write performant, highly available, scalable, asynchronous betting software
- Implement strong CI/CD
- Assume a key role in design sessions with other developers
- Share ownership in the development of our applications and services from inception to delivery
- Share knowledge proactively and participate in code reviews and demos
- Assist in the recruitment and development of staff
Experience / Skills
- At least 8 years' Development Experience
- At least 2 years’ NodeJS
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels including developers, testers and non-technical stakeholders
- A fundamental desire to produce code of the highest standard
- An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- Experience with the delivery of large, complex initiatives
- A natural ability for solving and simplifying complex problems
- Understanding of Agile and Lean techniques
- Enterprise Messaging Systems
- NoSql DB (e.g. Mongo)
- Cloud (AWS ideal)
- Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- Understanding of Kanban
- Familiarity with the betting industry
- Docker / Kubernetes or similar
What We Can Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Fully remote working
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] .