We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers.
Our Users are at the heart the systems we build, and our Web Developers are key to connecting our users to Matched Betting opportunities through creative and innovate interfaces.
You are an experienced Developer with a flair for design and a thirst for knowledge.
You are a proactive communicator who is happy working from home full-time as part of a close-knit development team. You’ll be comfortable working across the software stack and particularly enjoy doing things the right way. You will also be open to working with a variety of other technologies to support the team’s objectives.
You are a pragmatic developer who is comfortable working with light processes, established by developers, and you will enjoy working with us because we spend as much of our time as possible doing what we love – developing awesome software. Collaboration is key to the success of our small team, and our developers are encouraged and empowered to stay at the bleeding-edge of the technologies they love and bring ideas to the team.
- Develop our next generation of Web Applications using React
- Share knowledge proactively and participate in code reviews and demos
Experience / Skills
- At least 3 years' Web Development experience
- Experience building Web Applications & services
- An eye for detail and commitment to quality
- The ability to analyze trends and data to iterate on current designs
- Use of Web Debugging software such as Fiddler, or Browser based tools/addons
- A fundamental desire to produce code of the highest standard
- Determination to help the business succeed, willing to put in extra hours when required
- An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- Comfortable working with APIs and real-time data
- Mongo (or another NoSQL DB)
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, preferably SCSS.
- Apollo (GraphQL)
- Experience with the Jest testing framework
- API Gateway
- CI / CD
- Experience with application state libraries, such as Redux
- Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- Experience working in a team using source control including pull requests with GIT
What We Can Offer
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Full remote working. All of our staff are 100% remote. Less time spent commuting means more free time for you.
- Free training and development courses
- Pension Contributions - We match your contributions up to 10% (5% employer and 5% employee)
- An opportunity to help us transform our application suite as we re-build with React, NextJS, Serverless Lambdas and MongoDB, establishing best practices as we go.
- Full cover private healthcare for all members of the team, including free virtual private GP appointments, full cancer cover, full mental health and physical therapy cover, 24/7 access to nurses and counsellors via phone, option to attend in-person private GP appointments with referral to private hospitals, and more.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] .