The world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website is seeking a new Senior Python Engineer to take charge of our screen scraping / data mining systems.
At Profit Accumulator we have a suite of software designed to help our customers throughout their matched betting careers. The core of that software is our odds system, which downloads odds data for close to 100 bookmakers across thousands of events (resulting in millions of rows of data) and maps that data into a central database for our other systems to utilise. This data is collected by way of APIs, XML feeds and Python Screen Scraping.
We're looking to hire a highly experienced Python Engineer with extensive knowledge of with screen scraping / data mining to help manage, maintain and improve our existing systems such as proxy servers, scrape systems and existing python odds engine. You’ll be scraping data from online sports betting websites in near-real-time and processing that data to meet our requirements. The websites we are scraping make significant efforts to prevent us from doing so, and so the successful candidate will need to be familiar with advanced techniques to avoid scrape detection; utilising effective proxies to scrape from dozens of different sources rather than bombarding from a single source. We're looking for someone that can audit all of our existing scraping code to massively improve their reliability and efficiency.
- - Excellent understanding of Python and strong knowledge of various Python libraries, API's and toolkits;
- - Web-scraping experience using Python and associated libraries/toolkits;
- - Proxy solutions and management;
- - MySQL database maintenance, management and optimisation;
- - Experience using Selenium
- - Excellent communication skills;
- - The ability to meet deadlines and manage your own time.
- - Workaholic, willing to put in long hours and carrying the determination to help the business succeed.
- - Database Expertise
- - Windows Services
- - MS SQL Server
- - At least 3 years experience of data mining/screen scraping. Ability to analyse code and produce your own highly robust code.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary: Up to £55,000
- Work from home
- Take charge of the tech of one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK as it shakes up the sports betting industry
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]