This role is 3 days per week including Weekends and one week day
We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers. Data is key to the service we offer, we have odds data for 100 bookmakers sourced from a combination of APIs and scrapers.
We require a Junior Python developer who is available to work on Weekends, to maintain existing integrations, and develop new ones. During the week day(s) the Junior Python developer will work with the other developers to develop their skills, receiving any support they need.
You have some experience with the Python programming language, and you understand web technologies. You are keen to learn and develop your skills in Python and other areas, as part of a team and you enjoy solving problems.
You are a pragmatic developer who is comfortable working with light processes, established by developers, and you will enjoy working with us because we spend as much of our time as possible doing what we love – developing awesome software. You’ll be working with other like-minded developers to contribute to the success of critical applications and services. Collaboration is key to the success of our small team, and our developers are encouraged and empowered to stay at the bleeding-edge of the technologies they love and bring ideas to the team.
- - Development and maintenance of Python integrations.
- - Build performant, reliable scrapers and intelligent software to support them
- - Share knowledge proactively and participate in code reviews and demos
Experience / Skills
- - Python development experience
- - Passion for software development, demonstrated through commercial or personal projects
- - Comfortable fetching data with HTTP requests
- - Excellent communication skills, and the ability to perform under pressure
- - A fundamental desire to produce code of the highest standard
- - Determination to help the business succeed, willing to put in extra hours when required
- - An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- - Knowledge of web Sockets and messaging systems such as RabbitMQ
- - Experience building Web applications, ideally using Django or Flask
- - Use of Web Debugging software such as Fiddler, or Browser based tools/addons
- - Experience with databases such as MySQL or MSSQL
- - Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- - Docker / Kubernetes or similar
- - AWS / Azure
- - Experience with Selenium
- - Experience using GIT
- - NoSQL databases (ideally Mongo)
What We Can Offer
- - Development and Training, typically on the job solving real world problems
- - Fully remote working
- - An opportunity to join a growing function at Profit Accumulator, as we establish practices and re-develop some of our core tech
- - Salary between £18k and 25k pro-rata DOE
- - Potential of full-time employment with Profit Accumulator as the team grows
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected].