Junior Software Engineer (specialising in scraping)
We're looking to expand our excellent team of highly skilled personnel by adding a Junior Software Engineer, specialising in web and screen scraping. You will report to the company directors, but you should be able to manage and maintain your own workload based on project requirements. You will maintain an existing set of scrape systems and if needed, improve and build upon those systems and add new scrapes as and when required.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work from home.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Your key responsibilities will include the daily maintenance of existing systems, such as proxy servers, scrape systems and an existing python based odds engine. You’ll be scraping data from online sports betting websites in near-real-time and processing that data to meet our requirements. The websites we are scraping make significant efforts to prevent us from doing so, and so the successful candidate will need to be familiar with advanced techniques to avoid scrape detection; utilising effective proxies to scrape from dozens of different sources rather than bombarding from a single source.
You’ll need to be capable of building systems that can scrape entire websites of data very rapidly and thoroughly. You'll also liaise with other developers on our team to assist with ongoing projects and new ones within various aspects of the company's existing systems.
- Excellent understanding of Python and strong knowledge of various Python libraries, API's and toolkits;
- Web-scraping experience using Python and associated libraries/toolkits;
- Proxy solutions and management;
- MySQL database maintenance, management and optimisation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage your own time.
Beneficial But Not Required:
- Linux Administration.
- Competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work from home. The main benefit of this is flexible hours;
- The opportunity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced, fun, non-corporate environment where all new ideas are embraced.
If you are interested in the above position and would like more information, please email your CV to, [email protected]