Champions Day at Ascot is the grand finale of the British flat racing season and attracts the best horses and jockeys from around the world. As with most big horse racing events Champions Day at Ascot will likely offer plenty of excellent opportunities for Matched Betting - especially on horse racing refunds and extra places.
When is Champions Day 2020?
Champions Day 2020 is on Saturday 17th October with the first race due to start at 13:20 and the last race concluding at 16:15.
Champions Day 2020 Races, ITV Races and Highlights
In Matched Betting, anytime a big day or festival for horse racing comes up it’s always useful to know the schedule for the day, which races will be shown on ITV and which races are considered to be the ‘highlight’ races.
Although the bookmakers often run suitable offers for us to profit from throughout the day many have a tendency to focus their very best offers on the first ITV race of the day or on the ‘highlight’ race(s) of the day.
For Champions Day, all 6 races will be shown on ITV.
13:20 The QIPCO British Champions Long Distance Cup & Symphony Group Stakes
13:55 The QIPCO British Champions Sprint Stakes
14:30 The QIPCO British Champions Fillies’ and Mares’ Stakes
15:05 The Queen Elizabeth II Stakes sponsored by QIPCO (British Champions Mile) - Highlight Race- The unbeaten Palace Pier, currently rated the second best racehorse in the world features
15:40 The QIPCO Champion Stakes (British Champions Middle Distance) - Highlight Race - Magical is bidding to become the second successive horse to win the Group 1 back-to-back
16:15 The Balmoral Handicap Stakes
Guide to Matched Betting the 2020 Champions Day at Ascot
There can be lots of profits to make on Champions Day but if you’re quite new to Matched Betting it can be easy to get overwhelmed with what to do first. Don’t worry though as we’re here to help you! Here’s a list to help you get started:
- Prepare: For Cheltenham 2020 we provided some really useful tips for Matched Betting beginners on “How to Prepare for Cheltenham 2020”. These tips are super useful for Champions Day too – especially the tip about shared liability for beginners who have smaller matched betting bankrolls.
- Do the Guaranteed Profit Offers. At the time of writing there's already one £5 free bet available on the first race of the day. There will likely be more tomorrow. Platinum Members can find the offer in the reload offers section and/or on the offers calendar.
- Keep an eye on Price Boosts. Throughout the day there will be numerous Price Boosts (enhanced odds) available which we can make a quick guaranteed profit from with very little effort. In the forum Platinum Members should follow the ‘Price Boosts’ Thread. If you’ve never done a price boost before please read the Price Boost Guide and the Mobile Notification Guide.
- Tackle some Horse Racing Refunds. For Platinum Members - in our reload offers section there will be a full list of the day's horse racing refund offers available from tomorrow. If you’ve never done a horse racing refund offer before then we’d recommend having a read of our post “British Horse Racing Returns” or "Money Back If Offers" where we provide walk-through examples of a horse racing refund offers and discuss strategies on how to lock-in profit.
- Tackle some Extra Place Offers. If you still have some bankroll left over, or are able to use shared liability with confidence, it might be very worth having a go at Matched Betting some Extra Place Offers. These are a more advanced kind of reload offer though and you need to have a good understanding of how each way bets work first. You also need to know how to use the Extra Place Catcher. Plus get good tips and advice on Matched Betting Extra Places here.
Want to know more about Matched Betting?
Why not ask our members yourself?
Interested in Getting Started Matched Betting?
Alternatively, upgrade to our Platinum Membership here. You can easily make the cost of your membership back within an hour or so once you get the hang of things. Talk about value for money!