An ideal set of circumstances meant some Profit Accumulator members enjoyed a highly successful weekend.
Saturday's 2-2 draw between Manchester City and Tottenham, combined with a Paddy Power offer meant some members made more than £1,000.
A Profit Accumulator forum administrator described Saturday as "one of the best matched betting days ever".
Paddy Power's 2up promotion means they pay out on all Premier League and Spanish La Liga matches if a team goes 2-0 up at any stage.
"£750 profit. Threw £100 on city late on to lock in something either way."
Man City duly obliged taking a 2-0 lead, before Tottenham battled back to make it 2-2.
The PA forum administrator said: "[It] was one of the best matched betting days ever for a lot of people.
"This was due to the Paddy Power 2up offer that they run on all Premier League and La Liga matches.
"Man City were a perfect match of 2.2/2.2 and they obligingly went 2-0 up but couldn't hold the lead against Spurs and the match finished as a 2-2 draw.
"This meant that members won both the back bet and the lay bet, winning people hundreds and even thousands from this one bet."
Some members posted about their winnings on the forum. Here's a selection of some of them:
- "390+ great offer... Made nearly 1k so far from it...on Liverpool- Bournemouth and C Palace-Swansea as well few weeks ago."
- "£660 two partial lock ins at 2-1 & 2-2 could've been £1,100 had I let it ride £500 stake."
- "Got about 90 quid profit from 60 stake."
- "I backed £600 at 2.2 and laid £600 at 2.2 on the exchange. I was brave and didn't lock in until 5 minutes before the end of the game for a profit of £1006."
- "610 for me, 300 stake threw 50 on city with 5 mins left to lock in some profit."
- "Had last £50 in my paddy account on city and didn't lock in. Can't see this coming in much but I'll take it...£110ish profit."
- "My first football 2up £440ish along with the tennis in the week its been a pretty awesome week, Probably my most profitable in 2 years of matched betting.
- "£750 profit. Threw £100 on city late on to lock in something either way."
- "Locked in £250 myself. Bring on the tennis."
- "£400 ish (it could have been a lot more but I locked in)..still very happy 🙂 Cheers pa and to the genius behind the spreadsheet."
- "Locked in £760 from a potential profit of £3,690."
Full instructions as well as a handy spreadsheet to help members take advantage of offers such as this are available as a beginners' guide in the Profit Accumulator matched betting forum.