We are the world’s largest Matched Betting subscription website, and it is our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement of our products and services that attracts so many subscribers.
Data is key to the service we offer, we have odds data for 100 bookmakers sourced from a combination of APIs and scrapers. We are determined to improve our Scraping systems, building better monitoring, common architecture, reliability, scalability, self-righting mechanisms, and tooling so that our staff can resolve common issues and our developers can focus on solving new, interesting problems.
You are an experienced Python Developer with knowledge of web scraping and a thirst for knowledge.
You are a proactive communicator who is happy working from home full-time as part of a close-knit development team. You’ll be comfortable working across the software stack and particularly enjoy doing things the right way. You will also be open to working with a variety of other technologies to support the team’s objectives.
You are a pragmatic developer who is comfortable working with light processes, established by developers, and you will enjoy working with us because we spend as much of our time as possible doing what we love – developing awesome software. You’ll be working with other like-minded developers to contribute to the success of critical applications and services. Collaboration is key to the success of our small team, and our developers are encouraged and empowered to stay at the bleeding-edge of the technologies they love and bring ideas to the team.
- - Shared ownership of the development of our Python applications and services from inception to delivery
- - Write performant, reliable scrapers and intelligent software to support them
- - Share knowledge proactively and participate in code reviews and demos
Experience / Skills
- - At least 2 years' Python development experience
- - Significant experience of data mining/screen scraping
- - Excellent communication skills
- - Use of Web Debugging software such as Fiddler, or Browser based tools/addons
- - An passion for solving and simplifying complex problems
- - A fundamental desire to produce code of the highest standard
- - Determination to help the business succeed, willing to put in extra hours when required
- - An open-minded, collaborative approach to software development
- - Experience building Web applications using Django or Flask
- - Enterprise messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- - CI / CD
- - MySQL database maintenance, management and optimisation
- - Experience working in a similar industry such as betting, financial or online gaming
- - Docker / Kubernetes or similar
- - AWS / Azure
- - Experience with Selenium
- - Proxy solutions and management
- - Distributed caches (e.g. Redis)
- - Experience working in a team using source control including pull requests with GIT
- - NoSQL databases (ideally Mongo)
- - React
What We Can Offer
- - Fully remote working
- - An opportunity to shape our Python function, establish practices and re-develop some of our core tech
- - Salary between £25k and 32k DOE
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected].