The Grand National is the single biggest horse race of the year and the winner will take home a prize pot of £375,000. The Grand National race is part of the wider Aintree Festival, which includes a total prize money this year of over £1.1million.
Although not as big as the Cheltenham Festival is for Matched Betting, The Grand National as well as the other horse racing festivals throughout the year still give us plenty of opportunities to make some extra profits and are not to be missed.
When is The Grand National 2021?
This year's Grand National race will take place on Saturday 10th April at 17:15.
The Aintree Festival starts on Thursday 8th April and ends on Saturday 10th April.
The Grand National & Aintree Festival 2021 Races, ITV Races and Highlights
For Matched Betting a horse racing festival like The Grand National and Aintree, it’s always useful to know the daily race schedules, which races will be shown on ITV and which races are considered as the ‘highlight’ for each day.
Although the bookmakers often run suitable offers for us to profit from throughout the day many have a tendency to focus their very best offers on the first race of the day, the first ITV race of the day or on the ‘highlight’ race(s) of the day.
**Indicates races that will NOT be shown on ITV.
Thursday, 8th April 2021
13:45** The Manifesto Novices’ Steeple Chase
14:20 The Doom Bar Anniversary 4YO Juvenile Hurdle
14:50 The Betway Bowl Steeple Chase
15:25 The Betway Aintree Hurdle - Highlight
16:05 The Rose Paterson Randox Health Foxhunters’ Steeple Chase
16:40 The Close Brothers Red Rum Handicap Steeple Chase
17:15** The Goffs UK Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat
Friday, 9th April 2021
13:45** The Orrell Park Handicap Hurdle
14:20 The Betway Top Novices’ Hurdle
14:50 The Betway Mildmay Novices’ Steeple Chase
15:25 The Marsh Steeple Chase (Registered as the Melling) - Highlight
16:05 The Randox Health Topham Steeple Chase
16:40 The Doom Bar Sefton Novices’ Hurdle
17:15** The Pinsent Masons Handicap Hurdle
Saturday, 10th April 2021
13:45** The Bridle Road Handicap Hurdle
14:25 The Betway Mersey Novices’ Hurdle
15:00 The Doom Bar Maghull Novices’ Steeple Chase
15:40 The Ryanair Stayers’ Hurdle (Registered as the Liverpool Hurdle)
16:20 The Betway Handicap Steeple Chase
17:15 The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase - Highlight Race
18:20** The Weatherbys nhstallions.co.uk Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race
Tips for Matched Betting the 2021 Grand National & Aintree Festival
TIP 1 - Make sure you're 0% commission is active at Smarkets and Matchbook (if eligible)
If you haven't already please follow this guide to get 0% commission at Smarkets.
If you haven’t signed up to Matchbook yet, follow this guide here to get 0% commission there too.
TIP 2 - Don't miss out on a single offer! Missed offers mean missed profits.
Check your Emails and Texts regularly:
Watch out for private or invite-only offers from the bookies coming directly to you. They can sometimes send them quite late - just before the races are due to start - so try to keep an eye on your emails through the day.
Follow the OffersTeamPA on the Forum:
This is essential for making top profits from reloads and we highly recommend doing it if you're not doing so already.
How do you do this?
Open the forum then go to ‘OffersTeamPA’ here
Then click the green plus sign to follow the team and you’ll see every offer that they post in the forum and get a notification pop up each time they do.
'Watch' the following Forum threads:
The topics we recommend to watch over the festival include:
How do you watch a topic?
By selecting the ‘Not Watching’ button on the topic and switching it to ‘Watching’
You will then get notifications pop up every time there is a new post in that topic.
Here’s an example of notifications coming from the Price Boost topic:
TIP 3 - Use Shared Liability anytime you can
Remember to take advantage of Shared Liability on any race you can. Using this as much as possible will allow you to get more offers done and make more profits.
TIP 4 - Stick to what you know and can do well. Don't jump in on advanced offers unless you really know what you're doing.
Our more experienced and highly profitable members tend to smash the Extra Places offers during most horse racing festivals.
If you have not already been practicing Extra Place Offers and read ALL the guides and tips on how to do them, at this point in time, so near the start of the festival don't decide to suddenly start trying to 'make a mint' from them too. Although Extra Places are a very profitable they are an advanced type of Matched Betting offer and need a good bit of time to learn and master.
The Grand National and Aintree Festival provide a fantastic learning opportunity for Extra Places though. Follow the daily Extra Places thread in the forum and see what the 'Kings and Queens of EPs' are up to - you will be surprised how much top advice you can pick up.
Beginners Daily Strategy Guide to Matched Betting the Grand National & Aintree Festival 2021
There are going to be lots of profits up for grabs over the next few days but if you’re quite new to Matched Betting it can be easy to get overwhelmed with what to do first. Don’t worry though as we’re here to help you! Here's a useful strategy guide for how you could approach the festival:
- Do any and all Guaranteed Profit Offers first. Any easy Bet & Get offers, risk-free bets (refund if your horse loses) and direct free bets. ALWAYS get these done and dusted first whenever you can. The last thing you want to do is tie up all your liability doing Potential Profit offers first then realize you don't have enough to do a simple Guaranteed Profit Offer.
- Keep an eye on Price Boosts. Throughout the festival there will hopefully be numerous Price Boosts (enhanced odds) offers available which we can make a quick guaranteed profit from with very little effort. If the boost is on a strong favourite to win you could consider underlaying for a potential larger profit as well.
- Tackle Horse Racing Refunds (a.k.a. ITV Horse Racing) that have the best chance of occurring. On each day of the festival there will be a full list of these offers available under 'Horse Racing Refunds'. The top part of the list includes offers that give you a better chance of making a profit on. Complete these first before doing anything else.
- If you've not ever done Extra Places before - tackle any remaining Horse Racing Refunds. If you still have liability left over in your betting exchanges after completing all of the simpler offers (1-3 above) then you could consider also doing some of the refund offers that have a lower chance of occurring. (An example of such an offer would be £10 free bet if your horse finishes 2nd to the Starting Price (SP) favourite).
- If you've been practicing or already doing Extra Places - tackle these first before the lower value Horse Racing Refunds (4 above). If you still have some liability left over in your betting exchanges then now is the time to get on the Extra Place Offers.
Need a helping hand with Matched Betting?
Our Facebook Group, which has over 29,000 members, is a great place to ask for help and ask questions, especially if you are new to Matched Betting. Our community forum is also a great place to ask for help and advice.
Alternatively you can also contact us directly for support too.
Interested in Getting Started Matched Betting?
Alternatively, upgrade to our Platinum Membership here. You can easily make the cost of your monthly membership back within one hour once you get the hang of things. Talk about value for money!